AuCuBC is a non-partisan, non-profit member organisation established with the following objects:
- To work on behalf of it members to assist create successful partnerships in Cuba across a range of endeavours, including business, sport, and cultural exchange.
- To promote successful business, sporting and cultural partnerships between Australia and Cuba.
- To ensure all services provided by the Council are accessible to its members and provided to all members on an equitable basis.
- To advocate for Australian business, sporting and cultural bodies in communicating with relevant government bodies to enhance the provision of relations between Australia and Cuba.
- To advance members’ professional knowledge with respect to Cuba by providing appropriate industry education and making available relevant research.
- To affiliate with similar service providers on a local and national level for the assimilation of information and knowledge on conducting business and related services to Cuba specifically and the Caribbean and Latin America more widely.
The Council is registered as a company limited by guarantee. Board Chair, Ms Kim Prior, is CEO of Prior Industries Australia and has over twenty five years of successful business collaboration with Cuba. Elected board members are individuals with a broad cross-section of skills and experience, providing the capability to both fulfil the Council’s objects and faithfully represent the membership.
AuCuBC was established with the encouragement of both governments and continues to receive the active support of Cuba’s Ambassador to Australia and Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
© Australia-Cuba Business Council Ltd, 2015–2016. All rights reserved.